Before you begin with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your website, it is important to have an in-depth understanding of different SEO methods. It is crucial as you can land up in trouble if you do not use legitimate techniques for optimization of your website. Learning about white hat and black hat SEO will not only help you in achieving your SEO goals but will also assist you in building your overall online business.
White Hat SEO
This technique is exactly what search engines want. It is all about complying with search engine guidelines and structuring a long-term SEO plan that will undergo any updates as required. These are different techniques which ensure valid and authentic performance in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). Basically, this would mean that you are not using unauthorized methods to get a high rank for your website. There are nefarious ways which are called black hat SEO, keyword stuffing, and different spamming techniques which will get short-term benefits for you but can get you banned from search engine pages.
White hat techniques are structured to derive organic traffic by using high-quality web content. These techniques include tactics such as:
• Creating original and high-quality content: You can add email and social campaigns for spreading awareness of your brand. This will give more visibility among users and drive more traffic to your website.
• Securing high-quality backlinks: You need to get backlinks in relevant sites and bring in more promotion to your website.
Black Hat SEO
This technique basically includes all tactics which violate the rules and regulations of a search engine. These techniques create bad user experience; result in unethical presence of content in various non-visual and visual ways to human users as well as search engine crawlers. Black Hat SEO techniques can lead to fast results; however, there is a greater risk of penalties or even getting banned from being listed on search engines. These techniques include:
• Keyword stuffing: This strategy includes packing the web content with too many keywords that add no meaning to the content.
• Spamdexing: This refers to the technique of repeating phrases that are not related to the content in any way. This is simply used for manipulating the prominence or relevancy of resources that are indexed by any search engine.
• White or invisible text: Some unethical SEO or website owners place white colored text as keywords in white background. This brings in more crawls from search engines.
There are a wide range of views about the effectiveness of these techniques within the community of SEO practitioners. Most of them agree to the fact that it takes longer for white hat SEO techniques to have better search rankings. However, you need to know that there is no shortcut or “get rich quick” scheme in SEO. If all appears to be too good, it is mostly black hat tactics. To have sustainable and long-term success in the industry, focus on providing good and high-quality content that can provide value to your readers. For such an objective, use white hat SEO techniques and optimize your website.
For more interesting articles, log on to SMstudy.com/articles